Separation Agreement Scotland

Pensions are considered conjugat property. If a party establishes a pension during the marriage, this pension would be part of the marital wealth. It must be assessed after they have separated and the other party who does not have the pension has a share of the increase in the value of the pension, from the date of marriage to the date of separation. If both parties have a pension, both pensions must be assessed and, if there is a difference in the relative values, compensation must be paid. The compensation may be, depending on the circumstances, a sum of capital or a participation in the pension. A fraction of the pension means that the other party, once introduced, receives a separate pension, regardless of the spouse`s pension when it reaches retirement age. A separation agreement can be used to address a number of important issues in the event of financial separation. The CSA website has an online machine that provides very crude instructions on what should be paid by the absent parent. Payments are made until the age of 18 (or 25 if he is still in full-time training).

If you are considering divorcing in Scotland or terminating your life partnership, but have not yet filed the documents, you can have a separation agreement drawn up. This will determine who will pay the rent or mortgage and the bills until you decide to proceed with your divorce or resolution. Divorce can be an expensive option and the only benefit of a court action, instead of dealing with issues through a separation agreement, is that you are free to remarry after the divorce. A separation agreement carefully crafted and signed by the parties gives the parties financial independence and can also describe in detail the ongoing contact agreement for the child or children. This is a property that belongs to the parties in the marriage/life partnership. However, it should be taken into account that the property was acquired after the date of marriage/life partnership, but before the date of separation. As usual in the act, there are a few exceptions. If one of the parties inherits property or money from another person as their parents during the marriage, this is not considered matrimonial property. The same applies to a gift received by a third party, for example.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Please follow and like us: